Was I Speeding, Officer?

I worked Frankie again today. We went to HEB (The H.E.B. for those in Texas) to get some fruit and stuff. He was pretty good with distractions and has a very nice down stay.

But, damn, he's fast! I describe him as being like a fast car with no steering or brakes. When he's really focused on pulling and he feels the pressure on his harness, he just wants to go faster!

Fast does have it's place. I know he'll have no trouble pulling me up ramps and such. But slow is needed too, like when we're careening around a corner and there's an end-cap display of pickles. In glass jars. Stacked in a pyramid. Are you picturing pickle juice all over the place? Do you know how hard it is to get rid of pickle smell? If you were to go back into that HEB in 2 weeks, would you still smell pickles? I think YES.

This didn't happen to me, but I'm just sayin'.... ya never know!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Can't we all just get along?