Petting Zoo

When I took Frankie out to work yesterday, I did some socializing along with the exposure work. It actually happened accidentally... I wasn't planning on allowing petting, especially since he's been weaned off it for a long time now. He's gotten more like Willie where he doesn't look for petting and if he does get pet, he just sits there. Doesn't lean into a nice ear scratch, doesn't pant or wag his tail like a maniac... just sits there. And that's the way I like it.

Yesterday, when I was in the reptile store, a little boy came up behind us with his dad and just started petting. Frankie just sat there. Then another little boy with his dad approached us from the front and that little boy started petting.

  • Then the Dad-Without-A-Clue says: "Is it OK if he pets your dog?"
  • I say (looking into both little boy's eyes): "It's OK, but you should always ask first before petting a strange dog."
  • The Dad-Without-A-Clue says: "Hear that, son. You should always ask first."

DOY! Like it was his idea!

Well, hopefully there was a lesson learned by both parents and kids yesterday. That's all I can hope for.

Comments

london cokehead said…
That's actually not a bad track dear , nice production !
The WillaWoman said…
Why thank you! I learned everything I know about the production side of things from my engineer and mentor, the hubby!

The WillaWoman

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Can't we all just get along?