I'll Trade Ya

This is the story of the first time we visited my grandparents with Willie.

My grandmother had numerous stuffed toys, dolls and figurines, many that she made with her own hands over many years. Some were very precious to her and I had suggested she put those away, or at least up high so Willie couldn't see them. Willie does like playing with the stuffed toys we buy him, but they typically last about 5 minutes. Then they are reduced to stuffing, eyes, outer covering, and a squeaker. In other words, trashed.

When we arrived, Willie took one look around at the remaining toys and statues and he was in heaven.



My grandmother had put away some of the stuffed toys in the closet in the room we were staying in. It was a closet with a sliding glass door.

Later that night, Willie came slowly walking out of our room. He had one of her stuffed toys in his mouth. He walked slowly up to her and sat down, still holding the toy. He just looked at her... as if to say: "can I play with this?" We all laughed hysterically!

Then we went into the bedroom and saw the closet door had been slid open. Inside the closet, right where the toy had been, was Willie's tennis ball.

He wanted to trade.

Grandma said... "What's the harm if I give him one to play with?".
I said... "OK, but give him one you are not attached to and wouldn't mind seeing ripped to shreds."
Grandma said... "But look how gently he brought out that toy. I'll give him this one."

We went out on the deck, she gave him the toy.

It lasted about 4 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HAHAHA.

that is too funny

ll
Anonymous said…
Hehe. He didn't by any chance get his tennis ball back, did he?
The WillaWoman said…
He got his ball back, fer sher!
Blueyes said…
LOL...it takes my dogs about a month or so to trash their "babies" but have no problems ripping to shreds their beds :/
The WillaWoman said…
My dogs like to play "thru" their doggie bed pillows. One dog on one side of the pillow, gnawing away... and the other dog on the other side gnawing.

It's fun to watch!

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Can't we all just get along?