Yes, I changed my mind

I went to a tattoo expo last weekend, specifically looking for a good tatt artist to do my next tattoo.

Here was my idea: I wanted the 2 spirals of the DNA double helix to twist around my forearm, from wrist to elbow. I wanted the thingys that connect the helix's to appear to go thru my arm, as if they were tearing the skin and muscles to get thru. You'd see the inner workings of my arm, muscles, tendons, maybe even nerves.

Then there would be stick-figure people climbing the DNA. They'd start at the "bottom" near my wrist and climb up to my elbow. They'd start out "disabled", broken limbs, non-working legs. As they progressed up to the "top", they would appear to be "healed" and finally whole once reaching the top.

Get the symbolism?

So I found this great local artist, Jon Zig, at the expo. His work is awesome and I thought he could really capture the look I wanted. He agreed to do the work when we met at the expo. All I'd have to do is send a deposit via PayPal.

I sent him an email and was waiting for his reply to get his Paypal id.

And as I was waiting, I was thinking.

The more I thought, the more I realized that I was getting this tattoo to try to represent what I felt was my story.

But I realized that I didn't need the tattoo to tell my story.

I AM THE STORY.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm proud of you. You don't need symbolism. You are what you are and to me you are pretty great, loving and brave. I love you with all my heart.

MMMY

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!