Me thinks it's love #2


















Ok, yer asking, what am I looking at here? Lizards, big deal.

Well, it is a big deal!

These are two of my prehensile-tailed skinks. They are of the subspecies Corucia zebrata alfredschmidti (Cza).

What's with the Latin?

Well, this particular subspecies is one of two for the Corucia zebrata lizard (prehensile skinks). And they are very rare in captivity.

So rare in fact that my female Cza is only one of 9 females known to be in captivity in the United States (owned by "U.S. Americans"... if you get that, yer an internet addict).

I recently acquired a male Cza for my female hoping to breed them someday. At first, introductions were sketchy. Lots of biting on the female's part, and lots of running away on the male's part.

With a lot of patience, they are now the best of friends. In fact, the other night when I took most of these pictures, the female had actually pushed herself underneath the male... as if to say... "DO ME"!

I'll post more. Heck, they don't seem very shy, these pix were taken on my coffee table. Maybe I'll get pix of the actual act of makin' babies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!