Comfy schmumfy

Yeah yeah, I know I haven't written in a while. It's weird, I'd like to write more about my experiences as a crip in this world, but alas, I don't get out much.

I think writing about my experiences in my boring house would be just that... boring as hell.

Not that I'm bored. I've got plenty to keep my busy.

I'm almost finished editing my first movie... howze that?!
I'll post it here soon

I've been editing stuff now for the past few years or so and it's something I can do it from the comfort of my recliner.

When I first was symptomatic and was spending less and less time on my feet, I was very depressed. I spent way more time watching TV (the OJ Simpson trial was on at the time) than I did on my computer.

A good friend of mine found out about this and was furious. She knew what a major computer geek I was.

She had a long talk with me. I tried to explain to her that I my legs were just not cooperating when it came to sitting in an office chair in front of a computer. They really needed to be stretched out, hence my laying on my couch in front of the TV.

She wasn't buying it. Basically, she said FIND A WAY.

That's when I came up with using a recliner in front of my computer.

Sure, I had to do a bunch of finagling to get things positioned right. I bought a larger monitor because I had to move it farther away. I also bought a wireless USB keyboard and a trackball. Using a mouse on a recliner was impossible.

So, I found a way and the rest is history.

Computers rule!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your set up is awesome. You have the best studio set up. Everyone's set up should be that comfy. It should be incorporated into every office so that people don't get fatigued at the workplace. One day we can get away from the rigid set ups that exist in cubicles.

It's a "good thing"

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!