Give me a break (through pain)

Breakthrough pain is truly a pain in the ass.

What is it? For me, it's where pain "breaks through" my pain medication's effectiveness.

I'll take my normal dosage of pain meds for my daily pain, and it won't work completely. I'll still have pain that "breaks through".

Luckily, this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

The way I deal with it is by taking another dose of my pain meds. This usually causes more fatigue from the side effects, and in turn causes me to have to take a nap.

I usually take Darvocet 100/650 for my "normal" pain. I used to add Ultram for break-thru pain, but I found that it made me jittery, like having a cup of coffee. So now I simply take another Darvocet.

If I don't take the extra meds, I usually have to take a nap anyway for the side effects of the additional pain.

Either way, I'm napping.

Naps are good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!