Officially official

I know this is old, but I found this document hiding on my computer.

This is an "official" report given to us by our SWAT friend who assisted us in training Frankie. It's so official, it's cute!

-------------------------------------------
FRANKIE
8-18-04

Frankie was taken to different venues in a crate to expose him to its use. It will serve to queue him he is “working” with me when he is placed in it.


Walmart

Frankie was taken to Walmart and exposed to plants in the Garden area. Short down-stays were done with me frequently going out of sight for a duration lasting 20-30 seconds.

Frankie was downed in an aisle while I “shopped” and dropped items above me to the floor near him to test his reaction. He did not start in fear, just looked at the items with curiosity. Again, down-stays were conducted as I shopped. I went out of sight to another aisle several times. I was out of sight for up to 30 seconds. He maintained his down with no breaks noted.

Frankie was downed in an aisle next to a low aquarium with fish in it. He did break his down and looked at the fish with curiosity. He was corrected and did fine afterwards.

We walked around the store for about 10 minutes just to maintain obedience in aisles and around people.


The Mall

We walked around the mall for about 30 minutes just to maintain obedience around people.

Frankie was taken to an electronics store and once again while I shopped, he was downed for 5 minutes while I spoke to the clerk. He was also out of sight for brief periods as I moved about the bins.

We did 3 sets of going up and down the escalators. He was at first unsure of the moving floor but by the 3rd approach in a set, he would get on and remain at my feet in a semi down. He did not bolt to get off the stairway going up or down.


The Coffee Shop
Frankie was taken to a coffee shop. He did show interest in the rug where obvious food and drink stains were. I had to correct him out of its interest a couple of times. I sat among 3 groups of people at tables around me who engaged me in conversation. Frankie was placed in a down-stay for 30 minutes as I talked and sat in one place. He did not break his down or look for affection from the patrons.
-------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!