Posting this for a friend



A Very Special Kitty
A Friendly and Outgoing 4 year old Maine Coon Female

Fritzy is very friendly and outgoing. She is a kitty who loves lots of companionship and attention. She loves to play and even walks on a leash! She is quite dog-like for a cat. She has all of her shots up to date and has been microchipped. I even have the funds donated from a rescue group to have her spayed.

I pulled Fritzy from the shelter where I work. She is intolerant of cages and has tested positive for FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus).

Fritzy was brought to the shelter where I work in November. She did not do well in the shelter atmosphere. She needed to be caged and that was too stressful for her. Her enthusiasm for life started to fail. In early January it was decided they would euthanize her so I pulled her from the shelter and she has been staying at a friend’s house who has kids and a dog since then. I cannot bring her to my apartment to live with my kitties and I. My friend, at whose home she is now living, can no longer foster Fritzy so I am looking for someone who is either willing to adopter her or foster her in a home without boisterous dogs or FIV negative cats.

As I am sure you are aware, FIV is not the same as Feline Leukemia. It is possible with the proper diet and a low-stress environment that she could live another 5-8 years. (NOTE: She has not had the blot test, only a combo test three times.)

Fritzy has been evaluated by Dr. Smith of Central Texas Cat Hospital in Round Rock. She has some rapid breathing when she is stressed such as with confinement and long car rides. Dr. Smith feels that this may (since we do not know her background and she was brought to the shelter as a stray) be caused by a diaphragmatic hernia but I have not had the funds to get an x-ray of her chest yet. Fritzy had an ear infection which has been treated and has since cleared up nicely.

I cannot say enough about how friendly and special she is. Having Fritzy as a pet would be kinda like having a dog in a cat’s body, that is how her personality is.

If I do not find a long term foster or permanent home for Fritzy soon, I will be forced to consider euthanasia and that is the last thing I want to do. She really is wonderful, she just needs to find her meant-to-be home.

Please contact me if you think you might be able to either foster or adopt this indoor-only kitty!
I am willing to bring her as far as Dallas, San Antonio or Houston for a permanent home. Travel is hard on her, so this could not be for a foster home. In that case, the Austin area is where she would have to stay. If you are able to, please give Fritzy a chance for a really great life — with YOU!

For serious inquiries only contact:
Ruthann Panipinto 512-439-9805

You can also contact me, The WillaWoman, by submitting a comment to this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!