Mensa for Lizards?

As some of my readers know, I keep reptiles as pets. I find they make great pets for us crips and I do enjoy learning about them. It keeps my brain active and that's important.

A friend of mine had Prehensile-Tailed Skink, which is one of the lizards I keep. He would let his skink have the run of the house. It had it's own tree to climb up, and would defecate in the same spot every time and wouldn't mess all over the house.

He told me a great story that really shows how smart these lizards are.

A few years ago, his house caught on fire. It was pretty much a total loss. He lost all his birds and almost all of his reptiles. All but one, that is.

The firemen found his prehensile-tailed skink at his back door. Alive.

It had crawled across the room to the nearest door, and stayed alive by breathing the fresh air coming in under that door.

A small crack of air saved it's life.

Smarty lizard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!