Oh Canada!

I am incredibly blessed to have excellent health insurance via the hubby's job with IBM and my Medicare to cover the 20% his coverage doesn't pay. We certainly pay the big bux every month for this coverage, but I never gripe about that aspect of it. At least we have the option to get this type of medical coverage.

But ever since Katrina hit and I saw the utter lack of care from our government, I've been under the realization that if similar devistating event were to effect my area, I'd be screwed.

I'm am lucky that I can walk a bit, but I mean "a bit". But I never would have survived the conditions Katrina victims were left in. I simply cannot walk my way to safety. Without assistance, I would have been left for dead. Very scary.

Whatddaya say, Canada, here we come?!


Filed under:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!