The importance of comfy furniture

While sitting here awaiting the return of my favorite couch, I realize just how much I've missed it. It's been out getting reupholstered, which I've wanted to do for a long time now. This couch was inherited from a friend of mine who had cats that used it as a scratching post. (Dogs rule!)

The couch is an extra deep one. When you remove the back cushions, it's as big as a twin bed.

And during the week, that couch is my napping spot.

The importance of comfy places to sit and lay becomes clear when you find you have to spend a large amount of time in a not-so-comfy chair. This past weekend I attended an Austin Herpetological Society meeting where I had to sit in a straight-back chair for a couple hours. It was agony. The meeting was awesome, and having access to pain pills during it helped, but I'm still recovering from having to sit in that chair.

What to do? This meeting was held at someone elses home, so my choices were limited. I can't bring my comfy couch everywhere, but I don't want to stay home just because I can't handle sitting on someone elses furniture.

I guess I could have brought my wheelchair and sat in that with my legs on a chair, but even that would have been uncomfy after a while.

But I won't be deterred. I'll just bring pain pills, take them as needed, try to get comfy as best I can, and then come home and recouperate on my very own comfy couch.


Filed under:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!