Bringing nature to me...

Before I became disabled, I was very much the outdoorsy type. Camping, hiking, biking, running, and bare-foot almost all the time, I loved the great outdoors. But this past weekend's outing brought home a realization for me... that the rigors of some outdoor activities may now be out of my reach.

What may be considered rigorous for me may not be for most, but I think the combination of the long drive it took just to get to the great outdoors, and then adding in the heat and sun of the desert certainly amplified the difficulty for me.

One of my dreams for our retirement years was to sell the house, get one of those fancy-schmancy RV's and tour the country. But this trip made me realize that what's probably best for me would be to stay within the comforts of home and simply bring nature to me.

Heck, I'm practically there with my dogs, lizards and snakes. Nature is within my reach right from my couch.


Filed under:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!