Is the "Lost" island a true paradise? (spoiler alert)

I should have put the show "Lost" in yesterday's post as my top fave TV show. God, I love that show!

Did you watch yesterday's episode? If you didn't, don't read this until you do.

Question: How many of us "crips" would love to live on that island for the rest of our lives?

That choice isn't as easy to make as you think.

Consider this: You're given a choice.

You can either live as you are right now, handicapped in whatever way you are, getting possibly worse, dealing with meds and docs, dealing with pain and weakness, dealing with being ostracize and lonely.... OR, you can live on the "Lost" island and be perfectly "normal" in every way. Not only will all your disabilities be erased, but you won't get sick, you won't get cancer, and maybe you won't even age.

BUT, you also won't see your family and friends ever again, and you'll only live with the people you crashed there with (ok, I'm clearly sticking to the "Lost" premis of getting to this island via a plane crash).

What would your choice be?

Mine, I'd choose to stay right where I am. Why? Because I accepted my disabilities long ago. I've come to terms with my prognosis, I'm dealing with the pain and weakness, and I've modified my lifestyle to fit my current abilities.

But also, I have my family and friends here to support me. And I wouldn't give that up for the world.


PS. Don't get me wrong, if I was alone right now, had no family at all, and no husband, and if I crashed on that island with my doggy....... then buh-bye! I'd be outta here!


Filed under:

Comments

xianfu said…
hmm, I did watch..but in Malaysia, I think we are behind at least 10 episodes.. But it will be a good chance to live in an island.. lol... :p...

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!