More Life Mods

A while back I wrote an article detailing how I've modified my life to accommodate my disability.

Two areas I forgot to discuss were the items I carry in my car and on my wheelchair. So here goes:

Car:
  • Hand controls (I think I did mention these already, but they are so integral to my life they deserve a second mention.)
  • Small first-aid kit
  • Leash (For when sdogs need to potty. I sit in the car and hold the leash whilst they do their business.)
  • Hand-held weather-alert radio (My brother is a meteorologist with the National Severe Storms Lab. And I live in Texas. Need I say more?)
  • All things needed to change a tire and jump-start a battery (Not that I would physically be able to do these things, but if I needed assistance, I'd at least have the tools.)
  • Simple tool kit
  • Sage stick and lighter (see here for why)

Wheelchair:
  • Attached under my wheelchair is a carry bag for stuff. It stays there all the time except when I fly (a hassle to unattach to run through the scanner)
  • Leather cup holders (Made for motorcycles. Must look cool at all times.)
In the under-the-wheelchair-bag:
  • Hand air-pump (In case I get a flat.)
  • Spare inner-tube for wheelchair tire
  • Collapsible water/food dog dish
  • Small kit of wheelchair tools
  • Flexi-leash (for sdog relief)
  • Ziplok baggies (for cleaning up sdog relief)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!