Disabled and enjoy movies? Don't use Netflix!

With the Academy Awards now past, I now have a longer list of movies I'd like to see, but that I'll have to wait for until they come out on cable.

Why do I have to wait?

Next time you go to the movie theater, pretend you're in a wheelchair. Then find yourself a spot to watch the movie.

What will you find?
  1. That the theater's elevators are a million miles down a dark hallway.
  2. That the elevator is only big enough for you, your wheelchair, and if you're lucky, your service dog.
  3. That the seats it takes you to are all the way at the very top of the theater, way in the back.
  4. That if you choose not to use the elevator and go in the entrance the public uses, you'll find stairs up the aisles.
  5. That if you can't use those stairs, you must sit at the very front of the theater.
Either way, you're movie-going experience is certainly not worth the big bux they charge you, and is certainly not equal to the able-bodied person's experience. You don't have your choice of seating and the seats you can access are either far away or way too close.

Those far seats will have you wishing for binoculars and ear plugs (the speakers are loud in the back), and that's where the kids who make out or goof around sit.

The close-up seating will give you a severe case of whiplash along with nausea from seeing the giant pimples on Keanu Reeves' face.


If you can afford it, I recommend premium cable channels like HBO, Showtime and Encore. I really like IFC (Independent Film Channel) and Sundance because they show lots of documentaries.

I DO NOT recommend Netflix. Netflix now has to disclose in their "terms of use" their "throttling" policies. If you currently are a Netflix subscriber, be aware that Netflix "throttles" their queues and their mailing speed depending on how fast you return your DVD's.

Read this article for details: "Frequent Netflix renters sent to back of the line :: The more you use, the slower the service, some customers realize."


In other words, Netflix punishes me because I'm sick and have a lot of time on my hands to watch movies. I watch movies frequently and return them quickly. Therefore, my turn-around is faster than what is profitable for Netflix. Rather than using their profits from other customers who are slow on returns, they choose to punish me.

I cancelled my Netflix account as soon as I read this.
You should too.



Comments

Anonymous said…
ok...you should rent Crash...wait i take that back, you should BUY Crash.

Its an excellent movie, and for sure deserved its best pic award the other night.

--LL

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!