Extra Laps Around the Kitchen

There's one aspect of caring for pets that disabled folks need to keep in mind. Some of us have a hard time taking care of ourselves, let alone adding in a furry or reptilian four-legged being into our lives.

But one thing I've found is that even though my pets add a lot more work to my daily routine, they also give me back so much. More than I can even quantify.

Here's just one aspect I've noticed that my lizards have added to my life. They make me walk more. That's because I find myself taking the long way around the kitchen just so I can peek inside their tanks and see what they're up to.

But that's not work. That's fun!

(Crested Gecko photo courtesy of Kati's Cresteds)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!