Life mods

I looked around my house today and realized there have been many ways I have modified my life, house, car, wheelchair to make living easier. I thought I'd list them here to give some ideas, and to give others something to think about.

  • Shower chair and hand-rail in shower
  • Hand-rails in commode rooms
  • Extra "shower" controls built into my tub (I sit and "shower" in the tub)
  • Extension shower head - to get the water pressure closer to my head since I'm sitting
  • Babywipes - great for when you don't have enough energy to shower
  • Short stool in front of sink in master bathroom
  • Three tall, lightweight, metal stools (WalMart) in kitchen
  • One short, lightweight metal stool for traveling (also use as travel shower chair)
  • Laptop by bed for very bad days
  • Two drawers of flatware at opposite ends of kitchen
  • Drinking cups next to fridge
  • Short stool in pantry with dog food - to sit and feed dogs
  • Hand controls in car
  • Wheelchair carrier mounted to rear bumper of car
  • Cup holders mounted on wheelchair
  • Cane holder mounted on back of wheelchair
  • Recliner in front of main computer - since I sit here for long periods
  • Wireless keyboard and Touchpad - since I don't have a computer desk because of recliner
  • Extra-deep sofa - doubles as a twin bed
  • Bench in foyer for sitting to dress me and dogs
  • Bench on front porch for sitting to sign for UPS
  • TV remotes in living room, kitchen, studio
Hope these help!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow. That's quite a lot - people living without disability really don't realise this.

Shamisen www.verminrealm.com

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!