The Little Things

Went to a Herp party on Saturday night (no, not herpes... the Austin Herpetological Society... oy).

Anyway, I brought Baby Doll as the Herp Of The Month. Gave nice talk about her and showed her off. The hubby even hauled in her fake ficus tree to so I could demonstrate her climbing abilities.

But it's the little things that made me happy this night.

I had to stand a few times, without my cane or crutches because I needed both hands, and maneuver my lizard on her tree.

And I did this in front of a group of people... without losing my balance once.

That rocks!

Comments

Faira said…
It sure does, "Rock" I mean. I had to have my thyroid taken out about five years ago because they found a cancer there. I whined because I had to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life. But when I calmed down and thought about it I was really quite lucky. I am sure there are many people who would think that a walk in the park compared with what they had to live with every day. Then I felt ashamed of myself. As I should. You have an outlook on life and living to be proud of! Thanks for sharing!
The WillaWoman said…
Thank you so much for your story! Don't fret about taking pills, that's why they call it "medicine". It's the medical miracles of today that are keeping a lot of us alive. It's a good thing!

The WillaWoman

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!