Not Afraid Enough

On Friday, the hubby and I (and our friend Michele) went to a gun-safety class. We learned a lot, and I got to see the hubby shoot a gun for the first time. He wasn't bad, I must say. But I was better! (once again, note my healthy ego!)

I've noticed a prevailing attitude amongst the pro-gun community in Austin: since we have the right here in TX to carry a concealed gun, then we should carry one.

I guess it's because I wheel into the gun range, a "helpless" woman in a wheelchair. To these guys, I think I represent every reason they can think of to carry a gun.

But I've told them I'm just not afraid enough to feel I need to carry a weapon. I have a dog, I have my wits about me, I think I'm very safety conscious. Hopefully I'll never get so afraid that I feel I need a gun on me to leave my house.

Knock wood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!