Born To Be Wild

One of my past lizards was a Texas Alligator Lizard. His name was James and he was kind of mean. He would always try to bite me, but because he was a smallish lizard, it didn't hurt much and I'd pick him up anyway.

I used to keep the top off of his tank so I could easily change his water and feed him. But this led to the inevitable, but rare, Lizard Escapes. One time I found him on the kitchen counter (his tank was on the bar above the counter), and another time he had apparently fallen down to the floor (carpeted, soft landing) and crawled across the living room to a plant by the window. All this while dogs were roaming about the house.

What made this funny was every time he would escape, he would get meaner. When I'd try to pick him up to put him back in his tank, he'd hiss and attack my hand big time.

I think he thought "Dude, I'm loose, I'm free, I'm tough, I'm wild".

Not so tough. He'd always be returned to his tank, where there were no furry canine predators, where he never wanted for food and where he always had a warm light to bask in. Not such a bad life.


Comments

Zan said…
Great story! I used to have a big gecko named Art who got out too. Good times :)

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!