Plane crash kills Austin veterinarian

We've had a loss in our Austin veterinary community this week. A few days ago, Dr. Real Ransom, one of the vets at my clinic (Great Oaks Animal Hospital), died in a plane crash in Houston. He and his wife, who also perished, were the only ones on the plane. I don't have any details about the cause of the crash.

Dr. Ransom (and Dr. Lisa Willis) were the first and last vets I interviewed when we moved here to Austin. At the time, JoJo was working for me. Because of the physical demands a wheelchair-pulling dog requires of it's body, I needed to make sure to find a vet that could also have enough expertise to watch for possible bone and muscle issues down the road.

Both Dr. Ransom and Dr. Willis spent almost two hours with me, answering all of my questions and providing me with more than enough information that I could confidently make a decision about choosing a vet. They were honest, forthright, funny, and patient with me, and they both had all the right qualifications and more.

Dr. Ransom will be greatly missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!