Male vs Female

A while back, someone had asked me what I thought it would be like for a male to have my disability. Since I'm not a male, that was a difficult question for me to answer. But today I had a thought.

Knowing that my hubby, who is a male (doy!), is the sole provider for our family, I wondered what it would be like for him to suddenly become disabled. Because he's so laid back, I would think he would take it like he does every other of "life's little emergencies" and basically just deal. But how would he really feel if he could no longer do the physical tasks that he does now? Assuming I was not disabled, how would he feel if he had to rely on his wife to not only provide the bacon, but cook it, clean up, and take out the garbage?

I guess that's a question for him, but he probably wouldn't even know the answer. It's one of those questions that can only be answered if you can actually experience what it's like.

And I don't want him to ever have to experience it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!