HE: Was anyone around to help you? ME: No, Thank God!

Yesterday, I had a fall. In public. But no one saw me. I didn't get hurt much, just my ego.

I went out yesterday to Pier One. I used to love that store, but now it seems so sterile. But I digress. The hubby had gone to Home Depot and was gonna come back to get me at Pier One, but I decided I was finished there and wanted to wheel over to Barnes and Noble.

As I left Pier One, I went in the opposite direction where the hubby dropped me off, where I knew there was a curb cut. Of course, the sidewalk in that opposite direction didn't have a curb cut. So, rather than wheel back up the sidewalk to roll off the curb cut, I decided to "pop" off the curb.

This is a technique that I've only attempted while with the hubby. You pop the front wheels off the ground, and then balance on the back wheels while rolling off the curb. It can be done, but apparently not by me. I flipped over backwards, hitting my cane on the curb and breaking it in 2 places. Oh, and I also hit both my elbows on the ground and the backs of my shoulders took most of the fall. I think I did slightly hit the back of my head too, but not bad.

Of course, the first thing I did was look around to see if anyone was watching me. Unless there was someone inside a car behind tinted windows, I didn't see anyone. And for that I was grateful.

Dumb, huh?

Today, I'm a bit sore, and my elbows have a nice road rash on them. No more "popping" off curbs for me, I promise. Oy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
good one - jack misses willie (i can tell)

LL

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!