FLS Day - Rest and Lizards

Welp, yesterday and today are not good days. It got real cold real fast here in Austin (in the 80's, brrrr! Hey, it was freakin' 105 on Wednesday).

So, I spent yesterday resting and on pain meds. Remember how I talked about cold weather and how much I hate it? This is my reminder for why I'm a New Yorker now living in the deep south.

Last year, the hubby and I went on an RV camping trip (camping? Yeah, right, we had 2 TV's, an XBox, heat, a fridge, and carpet.). We went up to Pennsylvania in October for over 2 weeks, and towards the end of our trip, it started getting colder. One night a fuse blew while we were sleeping and we lost heat. I woke up in the middle of the night shivering uncontrollably. I loaded on the blankets and went back to sleep, but when I got up in the morning, my legs hurt very badly.

That same thing happened here Wednesday night. We didn't lose our heater, but a cold front came thru Texas and dropped the temp 30 degrees.


At least I can spend the downtime gazing at my new lizard! I got another male Leopard Gecko to add to my breeding group. His name is Bond, James Bond.

He gets all the girls.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. . .when I open your web site, a song automatically starts downloading to my hard drive.. I find that highly annoying. I'm not sure if that's intentional, or if maybe you don't realize it, so I thought I'd let you know. I would have emailed instead of commenting, but couldn't find an address. I'd like to look around your site, but I'm afraid that if I click somewhere, something else will download.

I got here through Blog Explosiosn, by the way.
Anonymous said…
Actually, that shouldn't happen the way I have the code for this page.

Did you use IE or Mozilla or another browser? I'll try to debug this... TW
Anonymous said…
Just popping in from Blog Explosion to say hi!

Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!