"Talk To The Disabled Tuesday" Has Begun!

After writing yesterday's blog article, I had an epiphany. Here's my idea:

TALK TO THE DISABLED TUESDAY!

The first Tuesday of every month is hereby proclaimed as
Talk To The Disabled Tuesday.



NOW, THEREFORE, I, The WillaWoman, do hereby proclaim the First Tuesday of every Month as TALK TO THE DISABLED TUESDAY. I call upon public officials, educators, librarians, parents, and all the people of the World to observe this day with the appropriate actions outlined below. Pretty official sounding, eh?!


Goals:
  1. Raise awareness of the Disabled's plight of feeling invisible or feeling like a circus freak.
  2. Demonstrate to the abled-bodied that The Disabled are just like everyone else.
  3. Cause a generational avalanche of knowledge to the abled-bodied's children.
  4. Make the day of a lonely, ostracized Disabled Person.

Actions:
  1. Say "Hello" to a Disabled Person.
  2. Nod and smile to a Disabled Person.
  3. Strike up a conversation with a Disabled Person.
  4. Have your child say "Hello" to a Disabled Person.
  5. Look a Disabled Person in the eye and acknowledge them.
  6. Treat a Disabled Person like you would any other Human Being.

For my part, I will spend each Talk To The Disabled Tuesday getting as much exposure for this blog as humanly possible. I will repost this blog entry every first Tuesday of the month.


Did I miss anything? Let me know and I'll add it here.
Able-Bodies: I would love to hear about your experiences!


================================================
A Special Note To My Fellow Bloggers:

If you would like to link to this blog entry, please do. If you would like to reprint the text in this blog entry, please do. All Permissions Granted. A link to this blog entry is below.
================================================

Thanks to all for your support.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Not all people with a disability like to be referred to as crips, I love the basic idea but it you want to have it grow into something big, you will need to use more inclusive language.

With encouragement
Ricky
[[ Please excuse odd mistakes or brevity, typed via on-screen keyboard ]]
RockFromDot said…
Oh wow, at first I thought you meant crips as in gangsters and laughed...but yeah agree with ricky but also felt you were joking....

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!