Please Pray For Willie's Brother, Elliot

I haven't heard from Eliiot's "mommy" yet, but hopefully no news is good news.
I'm going to leave this up for another day. Thanks to all who cared.

This is an email from Willie's breeder and a very special friend. Please pray for Willie's brother, Elliot.

The WillaWoman

============================
BIG FAVOR TO ASK....and only if you feel comfortable with it, but if you do would you PRETTY PLEASE put out an APB on your blog for good thoughts and prayers for Elliott. You can explain his history a bit if you would, so that they don't think I just raise animals that fall apart! (Willie's hips, etc!) Elliott was never "right" from day one (and I firmly believe Becka was sick and too early into it for anyone to detect..the vet did give her a clean bill before we bred her, and of course the drug (Gentomycin...wouldn't hurt to warn about the kidney failure and hearing loss that it can cause) that they put him on two yrs ago, threw him into renal failure, now he's chronic and it's getting worse as his kidneys get smaller and don't work as well...we're only trying to buy him some QUALITY time...he's still his old Elliott self, fighting as hard as he can, still plays when he's feeling up to it (was humping our Pack Leader, Brodie not five minutes ago, if that tells you anything, and ate like a horse! All good signs!)...these people are the biggest experts on the coast, so we're hoping they can stabilize him for continued fluid treatment.

Or don't explain a damn thing...just ask for prayers for him, good thoughts, white light, whatever, and I'll explain it in detail...it's a good educational piece that many never think about until it's too late, (and there IS early testing available now!)

I'll take all the help I can get, because I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but MOST important of all, neither is Elliott, and that's where I take my cues as you know. He wants to live, and he's not dying, but he's in trouble...and we're hoping they can pull him out of it enough that he gets a little more time with all of us, his human and fur family. I know you love him too...he's too special not to love...there's an old soul inside of him...I see it everytime I look into his eyes...strangely enough so does everyone else...they don't know necessarily what they're seeing, but they comment on his eyes and face all the time. Most of the time I hear that there's "something special" about him...others see it, and comment on it...it has ceased to amaze me...I've heard it often enough. And also because I do know what they are seeing...the spirit of his mother Becka. She was a fighter too...fought long enough to bring our kids, yours and mine, into this world and see them safely into adulthood before she succumbed to Type 2 Leukemia in a fast no-nonsense way, which was always her way with everything. I think that's what will happen with Elliott...he will take the decision from us one day, but it is not this day.

On the personal side, between us, pray for him...send the white light, positive thoughts, hold a vigil, light a candle, pick four leaf clovers, whatever...just send it...he'll get it. Rick too...maybe you can all join hands, er paws, whatever, and just send the vibes...you're stronger in that than you realize, and he needs your energy now.

Let you know...

Love, L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!