I Do It MY WAY


I recently wrote an article on why I do my hair the way I do. As a crip, I like to adhere to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid) when it comes to my daily doings.


In that article, I put an "actual" conversation I had with my mother (and sis) about how they feel about my current hair "style". The following is a "wishful thinking, make-believe" conversation my sister posted regarding me locks:


Sis: Your routine could be even simpler AND your hair could be very beautiful.
WillaWoman: Really, how?
Sis: Well, all you would have to do is not put gel in it or scrunch it and just comb it and let it dry naturally. When it is dry you could quickly brush or comb it through. That's one whole less step.
WillaWoman: So, it would actually take even less energy than before.
Sis: Yes, that's right!
WillaWoman: Sounds like another one of your genius ideas....
Sis: I think you have stick straight hair and that book that I recommended to you is for girls with curley hair...hence the name. Also, hubby could just cut it straight across the bottom for you in two seconds.
WillaWoman: Incredible!
Sis: I believe that people would kill for your hair. Straight is in....look at all the ads and all the straightening irons being sold.
WillaWoman: That's true.
Sis: I love your hair long, straight and blond like when we were kids.....sooo pretty.
WillaWoman: Thank you.
Sis: I love you.
WillaWoman(dummybell): I love you too.



Ok, back to reality.

Dearest Sister: Now that you put it that way, I think I will take your advice and style the way you like it. But only when I'm with you. Then I don't have to listen to your complaints. HA!

Love me the way I am!!! Cause I'm infinitely lovable!!!!

PS. Ya know what's funny about all this? Right now, I'm wearing my hair bone-straight! I acutally wear it straight on days I don't wash it. I just run a comb thru it and I'm done. Oy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!