Lions and Tigers and Snakes, Oh My!

Guess what I did yesterday? I held 3 snakes! Ahhhh! No, not all at the same time. I held a Western Hog Nose, Eastern Hog Nose, and a scarlet king snake (I think that's what it was, it's the "fake" coral snake thingy).

Not only that, but I touched a Copperhead (not the head!) and a Gila Monster lizard. I also actually was feet away from numerous (caged) Western Diamond Back Rattlesnakes, a baby Viper, a newborn rattlesnake, garter snakes, and a freakin' Cobra!!!

I had fun though! It definitely helped squash my fear of snakes (but I still don't want one!). This all occurred at a meeting of the Austin Herpetological Society which was held in a private home. The house was filled with so many herps I can't list them all.

I did not bring Willie to this outing. Because this was at a private home and the homeowners had a dog, I chose not to bring Willie. Mainly, because I know Willie doesn't get along with others and that to bring him into another dog's territory would put him at a big disadvantage. Just another instance where a Wheelchair Service Dog handler sometimes has to decide whether or not to work their dog.


PS. Surprisingly, I dreamt about snakes and lizards all night. Whatdya know!


Gila Monster










Western Hognose











Eastern Hognose (very soft snake)













Scarlet King Snake

Comments

Carpediemgal said…
Creepy!
Katy said…
I have held a few snakes at the snake farm in New Braunfels and I will be the first (wait, you were the first) to say, I do not want to own any either.
The WillaWoman said…
Oops, I fixed the picture! Thanks!

The WillaWoman
dorna! said…
They're truly gorgeous.

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!