Why Can't He Read My Mind?

Yesterday was interesting. I decided to go to the grocery store with the hubby and work Frankie. Leave Willie home and work the young boy. After this outing, I came to this conclusion: neither Frankie nor I are ready to work together.

When you've already been working a dog and you are now training a pup, you realize how much un-vocalized communication there is between the both of you. I can just lean into a left turn and Willie goes left. Frankie, of course, does not have any of this yet.

Since I have yet not done the official transition period (one month, he's my dog only, Rick ignores him, Rick takes Willie to work, Frankie and I sleep in separate room together... kind of like a mini-affair with another man!), Frankie is still bonded to Rick big time. So he spent a lot of his energy yesterday looking for Rick. Rick had walked into the store first while I got the chair and Frankie ready.

The outing wasn't a complete waste tho. I worked Frankie while Rick pushed my chair. Rather than letting Frankie pull, I had him heal and we worked on lefts, rights, and straight sits. He has a lousy 90 degree sit now, ass out in the middle of the aisle.

I definitely formed a mental list of things to work on... especially more wheelchair work. Here's where I start participating more in training. Hope for good days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers free dog trapped in sewer pipe

Axe Me A Question

Here Doggie!